Thursday, March 28, 2013

S60 trunk lip spoiler


Well, as you imagined, after the first modifications to my S60, my courage has grown. So I decided it was time to upgrade the sexy behind of my car. My immediate thought was to put a trunk fin or spoiler. So, I started browsing the net for alternatives. All this, just one week later after the first modification episode.
In the end, I considered a more conservative, classic if you like, look is what I am after. So I went ahead an purchased a trunk lip polyurethane spoiler from an online dealer. I remember the spoiler was made in Italy. Unfortunately, I don't remember the specific site, however, nowadays, there are plenty of options for the S60. It arrived relatively quick and we went to a professional car painter. Luckily, it was primed, so after mixing the paint and painting it, it was ready to go on the car.
I also remember that in the kit we were provided with a type of special glue. We decided it was safer for the paint not to use it. Instead we used a 3M double adhesive tape, which was and still is holding the lip spoiler firmly in place. The whole set was around 30$, but the look is priceless.

before
another angle (excuse the colors, don't quite know what happened with the pic)
finished result
 and another angle

Hope you liked this article.

2 comments: